J.J. Watt makes Jeffrey Epstein list joke on ‘Pat McAfee Show’ after Aaron Rodgers controversy
J.J. Watt couldnt help himself when he appeared on Wednesday’s edition of The Pat McAfee Show.”
The sports talk program found itself in the headlines on Tuesday thanks to Aaron Rodgers after the Jets quarterback appeared to suggest that ABC late-night host Jimmy Kimmel would be named in court documents containing a list linking individuals to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
The comment launched a firestorm, prompting Kimmel to threaten legal action against Rodgers and leading to McAfee apologizing on-air Wednesday for the role his show played in the drama.
While the show was likely ready to move on from the Kimmel-Rodgers situation, Watt had other ideas when e came on the show and made a joke that had the ex-NFL punter playfully hiding under his desk.
My breaking news was actually that I know absolutely nothing about the Epstein list. But I don’t want to get in trouble, Watt said with a massive grin.
The comment elicited some nervous laughter from McAfee and his crew.
JJ Watt has breaking news on The Pat McAfee Show: "My breaking news was actually that I know absolutely nothing about the Epstein list. I don't want to get in trouble." pic.twitter.com/MF44S5cU3G
— Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) January 3, 2024J.J. Watt made the joke on Wednesday’s edition of “The Pat McAfee Show.”A.J. Hawk smirked and shook his head while McAfee looked as if he was trying to hide under the desk he was standing in front of.
I know nothing. I dont want any flights. I dont need anybody calling me out. I dont need any lawsuits. I know nothing, Watt continued.
What we know about the Jeffrey Epstein list of 170 associates
- On Wednesday, documents were released naming 170 associates of accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein. The list included Michael Jackson, magician David Copperfield, Stephen Hawking, former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak and former President Bill Clinton who an Epstein victim said “likes them young, referring to girls.”
- Disgraced royal Prince Andrew, a known friend of Epstein, was named in the documents and was previously sued by Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre, who accused Andrew of sexual misconduct toward her. According to one royal family expert, the Firm “will stand beside” the Duke of York “no matter what.”
- Epsteins former attorney and friend Alan Dershowitz defended the late multimillionaire sex offenders associates, saying: None of us knew about his private life that he kept so secret. Dershowitz, who is on the list, added that no one should be automatically convicted in the court of public opinion simply for showing up in court documents.
- Epstein’s brother, Mark Epstein, told The Post that the ex-business mogul said he could have upended the 2016 election over what he knew about both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton: Heres a direct quote: If I said what I know about both candidates, theyd have to cancel the election. Thats what Jeffrey told me in 2016.”
- Only some of the 170 names and their relationships to Epstein have been released. The remainder of the documents will likely become public record throughout the next week.
Keep up with The Post’s live blog on the revelations about Epstein’s associates revealed in the newly released documents here.
The drama between Rodgers and Kimmel, who have a history that dates back to 2021 when Kimmel criticized Rodgers over his vaccine status, reignited in a big way when the future Pro Football Hall of Famer mentioned Kimmel on Tuesday.
NEW: Quaterback Aaron Rodgers says he will pop "some sort of bottle" when the Epstein associates list is released and suggests Jimmy Kimmel will be named.Everyone is excited Theres a lot of people, including Jimmy Kimmel are really hoping that doesn't come out.I'll pic.twitter.com/JRzjznVM7T
— Collin Rugg (@CollinRugg) January 2, 2024Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers on “The Pat McAfee Show” on Tuesday, January 2, 2023. X/Pat McAfeeIts supposed to be coming out soon, Rodgers said referring to the Epstein document. Theres a lot of people, including Jimmy Kimmel, that are really hoping that doesnt come out.
That prompted Kimmel to blasted Rodgers on X later Tuesday, saying his “reckless words put my family in danger.”
Follow along with everything we’ve found out about Jeffrey Epstein and his associates.
Rodgers has yet to make any further public comments since the situation unfolded, but McAfee addressed it on the show on Wednesday.
I can see exactly why Jimmy Kimmel felt the way he felt, especially with his position, but I think Aaron was just trying to talk st, McAfee said at the top of his show. Now do I think it went too far? Jimmy Kimmel certainly said that was the case.
So, we apologized for being a part of it, McAfee added later. I cant wait to see what Aaron has to say about it.
How many decks are used in poker?
In most popular poker variants, such as Texas Hold'em and Omaha, a standard deck of 52 playing cards is used. Each deck contains four suits (hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades) and consists of 13 ranks (Ace, 2 through 10, and the face cards: Jack, Queen, and King).
What is the bonus code for WPT Global Poker 2023?
The best bonus code for WPT Global is WPT777. By entering the bonus code, players will get a welcome bonus 100% up to $1,200 on the first deposit. The minimum deposit is $20.
What is the best WPT Global bonus code?
Use the WPT Global bonus code WPT777 when registering to get a 100% deposit bonus up to $1200 plus a $100 No Deposit poker bonus.