Travis Kelce-Taylor Swift conspiracy theories make for the best Super Bowl MVP bet
What you’re looking for has been here the whole time.
Not only is that one of Taylor Swift’s most famous lyrics — from her 2008 seven-time platinum hit “You Belong withMe” — it’s also a not-so-subtle hint at the outcome of the prop for the Super Bowl 2024 MVP award.
You know, I know and Taylor knows if the Chiefs defeat the 49ers on Super Sunday at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, the MVP trophy will be handed to her boyfriend, Travis Kelce.
The evidence for this inevitable occurrence started trickling in on Sept. 24, 2023, when Swift watched the Sunday afternoon Chiefs-Bears game from the Kelce family luxury suite at Arrowhead Stadium, her romance with the Chiefs tight end still just a rumor.
The next day, numbers were released showing the broadcast drew 63 percent more women ages 18-49 than the previous week’s game in that time slot, and that Kelce No. 87 jersey sales had skyrocketed 400%.
The following week, the “Traylor” train was getting up to full speed as Swift took Brittany Mahomes on a girls night out in Manhattan and then Patrick and Travis and the Chiefs squeaked by a surprisingly game Jets team.
Soon the rumors were confirmed, post-game dates chronicled, jewelry gifts revealed and even their first public kiss shown.
3Travis Kelce (l) and Taylor Swift (r). Getty ImagesThe caravan made stops at Lambeau, Orchard Park and Baltimore, among other destinations.
Taylor apparently has begun calling Ed Kelce “dad,” and a report dropped this week claiming her association with the NFL has added approximately $330 million in brand value to the league and the team.
And so now here we are — and the good news for bettors is that sportsbooks have not totally bought into any of the above.
Travis Kelce’s Super Bowl MVP odds
As of Tuesday morning, Kelce is still listed as high as 21/1 at FanDuel, bet365 and SuperBook to win Super Bowl MVP.
So although we could have gotten 125/1 for this same bet before the playoffs began, and 50/1 as recently as last week before the championship games, 20/1 is still a very nice haul for something that has a reasonable chance of happening.
Let’s make the case as to why Kelce is the best Super Bowl MVP bet.
3Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift after the AFC Championship game. Getty ImagesFirst, the Chiefs will have to win the game. Only one MVP has come from the losing side — Cowboys LB Chuck Howley in Super Bowl V. The Chiefs are tiny underdogs in this game, and that could change before kickoff as the million-dollar bets start flying in.
If the Chiefs do win, Kelce will have to beat out teammate and two-time MVP Mahomes, who’s the +120 favorite. This will not be easy but it’s also not without precedent. Tom Brady won the award five times but twice his receivers — Deion Branch and Julian Edelman — rolled up enough stats to grab the hardware.
Kelce certainly has the ability to catch 10 passes for 100 yards and two touchdowns, particularly if Mahomes is getting in spirit of the Taylor Swift Super Bowl occasion.
No tight end ever has won this award, but Kelce’s hands don’t know that.
3Travis Kelce holds the Super Bowl trophy. REUTERSThe selection process would seem to smile on a Kelce candidacy.
A group of 16 sportswriters and broadcasters make up 80 percent of the tally, with the other 20 percent coming from a nationwide fan vote.
If Kelce has a strong game and a number of the media members join in on this months-long narrative, the Swifties across the country should put Taylor’s boyfriend over the top with their votes.
How many decks are used in poker?
In most popular poker variants, such as Texas Hold'em and Omaha, a standard deck of 52 playing cards is used. Each deck contains four suits (hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades) and consists of 13 ranks (Ace, 2 through 10, and the face cards: Jack, Queen, and King).
What is the bonus code for WPT Global Poker 2023?
The best bonus code for WPT Global is WPT777. By entering the bonus code, players will get a welcome bonus 100% up to $1,200 on the first deposit. The minimum deposit is $20.
What is the best WPT Global bonus code?
Use the WPT Global bonus code WPT777 when registering to get a 100% deposit bonus up to $1200 plus a $100 No Deposit poker bonus.