DraftKings North Carolina Promo Code | December 2023
Good news, North Carolina bettors! DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina is heading to the Tar Heel State soon, and we expect it to be one of the best online sportsbooks to enter the state.
While you’ll be eager to try out DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina for many reasons, the brand’s welcome bonus should be particularly compelling. New users in other active states currently have access to a Bet $5, Get $150 in Bonus Bets special, and DraftKings North Carolina could follow suit.
Read on for more details on the potential DraftKings North Carolina welcome bonus, along with other pressing questions about this upcoming sportsbook, the pending legalization of online sports betting in the Tar Heel State, and more.
More on DraftKings North Carolina Promo Code
- DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina Promo Code
- When Does Online Sports Betting Launch in North Carolina?
- North Carolina Sports Betting Timeline
- Signing Up for the DraftKings North Carolina Promo Code
- DraftKings North Carolina Mobile App Review
- Existing User Promos at DraftKings North Carolina
- DraftKings NC Rewards Program
- DraftKings North Carolina Bet Types
- DraftKings North Carolina Available Sports
- Popular North Carolina Sports Teams to Wager On
- Whats Going on in North Carolina Sports Right Now?
- Brand History of DraftKings Sportsbook NC
- DraftKings North Carolina Responsible Gambling Resources
- DraftKings North Carolina Customer Service
- DraftKings North Carolina Payment Options
- DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina Review Conclusion
- DraftKings North Carolina Promo Code FAQs
DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina Promo Code
We are still in wait-and-see mode about the DraftKings North Carolina promo code. The state is still a few months away from its official online sports betting launch, which means the DraftKings North Carolina promo code won’t be public until just before the launch.
So, when it does arrive, what will come with the promo code? A good indicator is the current national DraftKings NC promo code that allows new bettors to Bet $5 and Get $150 in Bonus Bets. The DraftKings North Carolina promo code may differ, but it will almost certainly feature a bonus bets offer of some sort.
As soon as any concrete information about the welcome bonus is revealed, we’ll be sure to provide any updates right here.
|DraftKings North Carolina Promo Code
|Expected DraftKings North Carolina Welcome Offer
|Bet $5, Get $150 in Bonus Bets (Est.)
|DraftKings North Carolina License Partner
|DraftKings North Carolina Promo T&Cs
|New Customers Only. Must be 21+. Full T&C apply.
When Does Online Sports Betting Launch in North Carolina?
We expect the online sports betting launch in North Carolina to occur sometime in the spring of 2024. Legislation originally gave bettors hope that the launch would occur in January 2024, but as North Carolina Lottery official Sterl Carpenter noted, various factors have slowed down the process.
North Carolina won’t have legal online sports betting before the Super Bowl, but it might come in time for March Madness. Stay tuned for the latest updates regarding the timeline so you have an idea of when you can start claiming any North Carolina sports betting promos.
North Carolina Sports Betting Timeline
North Carolina didn’t legalize online sports betting overnight. Here’s a rundown of how North Carolina mobile sports betting came to be and how the state is working towards officially launching sportsbooks like DraftKings North Carolina:
- December 21, 2023 Gov. Roy Cooper states that NC hopes to go live with its mobile sports betting industry by March Madness.
- December 6, 2023 North Carolina sports betting gets the go-ahead for operators to use their branding within partnerships at sports facilities.
- November 7, 2023 NC Lottery Commissions legal sports betting committee approves rules regarding marketing language and problem gaming.
- Early September 2023 Gaming Laboratories and two associate attorneys start to help the NC State Lottery Commission develop.
- August 2, 2023 The North Carolina Lottery Commission hires Sterl Carpenter to help with the online sports betting legalization process.
- June 14, 2023 Gov. Roy Cooper signs HB 347 into law. This move legalized online sports betting in North Carolina and stipulated Jan. 8, 2024, as the earliest launch date for online betting.
- June 7, 2023 The House votes in agreement with the Senates alterations to HB 347, sending the bill to the executive branch of the state government.
- March 30, 2023 HB 347 reaches the North Carolina State Senate.
- March 13, 2023 Sports wagering bill HB 347 comes to the North Carolina State House.
Getty Images## Signing Up for the DraftKings North Carolina Promo Code
North Carolina bettors will find that signing up for DraftKings Sportsbook NC is a very simple process. When North Carolina sports betting does launch, you’ll be able to sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina with no trouble.
Here’s what to expect when you make your DraftKings Sportsbook NC account:
- Follow the signup links in this article (once they are available) to the registration page.
- Create your account by providing your email address, username, password, and phone number.
- Read and acknowledge the terms and conditions before finalizing your DraftKings North Carolina account.
- Enter the required personal details such as your date of birth and address.
- Make an initial deposit.
- Place your first qualifying wager to secure the new customer offer and claim your bonus bets.
DraftKings North Carolina Mobile App Review
Much like the DraftKings North Carolina promo code, the DraftKings NC sports betting app is not available just yet. Of course, bettors in other legal states have already gotten a taste of the DraftKings NC app and they have generally liked what they have seen.
The DraftKings North Carolina app is rated 4.8 stars with over 630K reviews on the App Store, while it is rated 4.6 stars on the Google Play Store with 116K reviews. Users seemed to like the quick response times on the app, the simple user interface, and the many types of betting options available. The fast response time on the app also made live betting much smoother than it is on some other apps, according to many of the reviewers.
The brand’s app has been established for some time now, which means it has had plenty of time to work through some of its kinks. North Carolina bettors should enjoy their experience on the DraftKings North Carolina app once live.
Existing User Promos at DraftKings North Carolina
DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina keeps the perks coming for its existing users. After all, online sportsbooks can’t function if they can’t retain users who sign up. Bonus bets, profit boosts, odds boosts, and specials are some of the fun features that keep DraftKings Sportsbook NC bettors coming back for more.
Here’s a closer look at existing sports betting promos we expect to be available at DraftKings North Carolina:
Bonus bets are bet credits that players can use to place wagers. Bonus bets aren’t withdrawable as real money, but they can yield real money if successfully wagered.
For instance, let’s say you apply $150 in bonus bets to a -300 moneyline. If the moneyline wins and yields a profit of $50, you would earn $50 but not the $150 in bonus bets. If your bet loses, you only lose the bet credit and no money of your own. Users can obtain bonus bets via welcome bonus offers or existing customer promotions.
Profit boosts allow bettors to increase the potential profit on a specific bet. For instance, if you wagered $20 on the Hornets moneyline at +110 and applied a 25% profit boost to that bet, a Hornets win would payout $47.50 instead of $42.
Odds boosts are similar to profit boosts in that they increase your potential payout. The difference is that odds boosts typically apply to specific bet types such as Same Game Parlays or player props. Profit boosts tend to be more generalized and can be applied to any bet.
DraftKings North Carolina Specials
DraftKings North Carolina specials are different types of wagers or competitions that you can find in the ‘Rewards’ tab on the app or under ‘Promos’ on the desktop website. These promotions are often timely specials that reflect the sports calendar, such as an offer for the NCAA Tournament in March or an NFL survivor pool.
DraftKings North Carolina Rewards Program
Once legal online sports betting becomes available in the state, active users on DraftKings North Carolina can take advantage of the operator’s sweet rewards program. The DraftKings NC loyalty program lets users gain rewards points based on their betting frequency. Rewards points translate to various perks, including the opportunity to earn the status of different tiers.
The rewards points on DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina are known as “Crowns,” which users can redeem for bonus bets or casino credits. The casino credits only work in states that have access to the DraftKings Casino platform, so unfortunately they will not apply to North Carolina bettors for now.
DraftKings North Carolina users can advance up through Dynasty loyalty tiers by using the platform on a consistent basis. The more active you are on DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina, the quicker you’ll rise through the loyalty tiers and earn increasingly better rewards.
DraftKings North Carolina Bet Types
DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina comes to the table with all the exciting bet types that make sports betting fun. From simple moneyline wagers to a wide selection of prop bets, there are so many ways to get in on the action with DraftKings North Carolina.
Here’s a closer look at the bet types that the operator will offer:
- Moneylines: If you just want to bet on who wins, make a moneyline bet. These wagers are based on which team wins the game. Underdogs have more favorable odds, while favorites are not quite as valuable since they are considered the better team.
- Spreads: A spread bet is a wager on how much a team wins or loses by. For instance, if the Hornets are +12.5 underdogs to the Celtics and they end up losing 112-103, then the Hornets would cover the spread.
- Totals: Also known as over/under bets, totals come down to predicting the amount of points in a given game. If a game is expected to be an offensive shootout, the listed total will be very high, whereas an expected defensive battle would get a low total.
- Parlays: A parlay bet allows the bettor to combine multiple wagers into one bet. It is obviously harder to win with more bets involved, but if they all hit, the payout could be handsome. Similarly, Same Game Parlays involve combining multiple bets from a single game into one.
- Futures: These bets are based around results that will occur further in the future. You could bet on the win total for a team or which team will win a specific division or championship, to name a few options.
- Props: Prop bets are wagers on statistical results in a game. Bettors can try to predict the amount of passing yards by a quarterback in a football game, the over/under points scored by a basketball player, or the amount of hits by a player in a baseball game. These bets don’t consider which team won the game; rather, they’re just about whether the statistical outcome was reached or not.
- Teasers: These bets are parlays with more favorable odds for the bettor. Each leg of the parlay has slightly better odds than the original spread, therefore making it a bit easier to win.
- Live Betting:Live betting takes place as the action plays out in real-time, making it a particularly exciting sports wagering option.
DraftKings North Carolina Available Sports
An online sportsbook is sure to struggle if it doesn’t offer that many sports markets, but that won’t be an issue with DraftKings North Carolina. You’ll be able to find your preferred sports betting market on DraftKings North Carolina thanks to options such as:
- College Football
- College Basketball
- Soccer (MLS, Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, etc.)
- MMA (UFC)
- Auto Racing (NASCAR, Formula 1)
- Esports (Various Games)
Popular North Carolina Sports Teams to Wager On
Whether it’s college or pro sports, NC bettors will have more than enough teams to bet on. DraftKings North Carolina will offer betting markets for all the main teams in North Carolina. Expect special promotions for local teams once the state’s legal sports betting industry goes live.
Popular North Carolina College Sports Teams
College sports came to North Carolina first and remain the lifeblood of sports in the state. College sports betting on DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina is a great way for fans to connect with their favorite college teams, and maybe even make some money in the process.
UNC Tar Heels
For many people, Tar Heel men’s basketball is the main sports attraction in the whole state. UNC has established itself as one of the premier college basketball programs in the country and has won the NCAA Tournament six times. The Tar Heels are frequent Final Four participants, and their 21 Final Four appearances are the most of any program. North Carolina women’s soccer is also elite, with 22 national championships.
Duke Blue Devils
Love them or hate them, the Duke Blue Devils are a fantastic men’s basketball program and serve as a perfect rival to the Tar Heels down the road. Duke rose to prominence in the 1980s under head coach Mike Krzyzewsk then hit the gas in the ’90s with two national championships. They added three more NCAA Tournament championships in the 21st century.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Despite having the smallest enrollment of any ACC school, Wake Forest has found ways to be competitive throughout the years. The Demon Deacons have attracted some high-level talent on the hardwood, including Tim Duncan and Chris Paul. Their football program recently had a stretch of seven consecutive bowl game appearances under head coach Dave Clawson.
NC State Wolfpack
NC State also has men’s basketball success in its history with two national championships, with the most recent being in 1983 under head coach Jim Valvano. The Wolfpack remains a high-level hoops program but isn’t considered a typical “basketball school” because its football team has been consistently competitive over the years and sends a lot of players to the NFL.
Popular North Carolina Professional Sports Teams
North Carolina got professional sports a bit after many other states in the U.S., but local sports fans are just as passionate about their pro teams as they are about their college teams. Of the Big Four sports leagues, only the MLB is not present in NC, which shows just how much appetite there is for professional sports in the state.
Even though the Panthers are dealing with tough times right now, they are still by far the most well-known professional sports team in the state. Their first season was in 1995, and they had a lot of success early on with an NFC Championship Game appearance in 1996 and a trip to the Super Bowl in 2003. Many great players have put on the Carolina blue and black over the years, including Julius Peppers, Steve Smith, Luke Kuechly, and Cam Newton, who led the Panthers to the Super Bowl in 2015.
The Charlotte Hornets are North Carolina’s oldest pro sports team after arriving in Charlotte in 1988. The Hornets had some success in the 1990s with Larry Johnson but later left for New Orleans in 2002. Thankfully, the franchise returned two years later as the Charlotte Bobcats and got back its original name in 2014. Charlotte has never advanced to the NBA Finals or even the Eastern Conference Finals.
Located in Raleigh, the Hurricanes are the only North Carolina Big Four pro team to win a championship. The Hurricanes moved from Hartford to Raleigh in 1997 and made it to the Stanley Cup Final in 2002 before winning the Stanley Cup in 2006. Carolina has kept up its winning ways by advancing to the Eastern Conference Finals twice under head coach Rod Brind’Amour.
The Major League Soccer team in North Carolina is Charlotte FC, which had its inaugural season in 2022. It made its first trip to the playoffs this past season in 2023.
The North Carolina Courage play in the National Women’s Soccer League and are one of the better organizations in the league. The Courage played its first NWSL season in 2017 and went on to win NWSL championships in 2018 and 2019.
Whats Going on in North Carolina Sports Right Now?
With so many pro sports teams and college teams, it feels like there is always something going on in North Carolina. Whether its NC State football or Hornets basketball, there is usually an NC team to cheer for.
Here’s a look at the game results and upcoming schedules for North Carolina’s sports teams:
- The Panthers fell at home to the Green Bay Packers last Sunday, 33-30. The 2-13 Panthers head to Jacksonville to take on the Jaguars in Week 17.
- The Hurricanes lost to the Islanders on Saturday, 5-4. On Wednesday, they’ll take on the Nashville Predators on the road.
- The Hornets fell to the Los Angeles Clippers on the road on Tuesday night, 113-104. They will remain in Los Angeles and take on the Lakers on Thursday night.
- The UNC Tar Heels football team ended the regular season 8-4. Up next, they play the West Virginia Mountaineers in the Duke’s Mayo Bowl on Wednesday.
- The NC State Wolfpack football team finished the regular season 9-3 and ranked No. 18 in the College Football Playoff. The Wolfpack play No. 25 Kansas State in the Pop-Tarts Bowl on Thursday.
- The Duke Blue Devils football team defeated the Troy Trojans in the 76 Birmingham Bowl with a final score of 17-10.
- The Wake Forest Demon Deacons football team ended the regular season 4-8.
- The UNC Tar Heels mens basketball team beat No. 7 Oklahoma 81-69 on Wednesday and host Charleston Southern next Friday night.
- The Duke Blue Devils mens basketball team beat No. 10 Baylor 78-70 on Wednesday and host Queens University next Saturday night.
- The NC State Wolfpack mens basketball team bat Detroit Mercy 83-66 on Saturday and host Notre Dame on Wednesday.
- The Wake Forest Demon Deacons mens basketball team beat Presbyterian on Thursday 91-68 and host Virginia Tech on Saturday.
Updated December 27, 2023.
Brand History of DraftKings Sportsbook NC
DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina is one of the most recognizable online sports betting platforms in the United States. It gained prominence as a daily fantasy sports operator in the 2010s and has since grown its brand power as an online sportsbook. DraftKings North Carolina now boasts one of the most popular sports betting apps on the market and makes things simple for new bettors with clear language, enticing promotions, and a well-designed mobile app that is easy to navigate.
You should expect to see more DraftKings NC advertising and marketing as North Carolina readies for the online sports betting launch in the spring. DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina will need to partner with an entity like the Panthers to obtain its sports betting license, as other operators already have dibs on the Hornets and Hurricanes.
While DraftKings NC is big on sports betting, players can also appreciate its daily fantasy sports offering. Being able to play daily fantasy sports in the same place as the sports betting app is very convenient. Additionally, the operator has a casino offering that might become available in North Carolina if the state legalizes online casino gambling. If and when this happens, sports betting, DFS, AND online casino games will all be available in the same DraftKings NC app.
DraftKings North Carolina Responsible Gambling Resources
No major online sports betting operator can function without offering responsible gambling resources, and DraftKings North Carolina does not cut corners in this area. The operator helps users manage their wagering habits by providing responsible gambling resources, such as the following:
- Wager Limits: This tool lets bettors limit how much money they can wager over a set amount of time. For example, you could use this to set a monthly limit of $50. There are also daily limits and weekly limits.
- Deposit Limits: Deposit limits or thresholds are set up so bettors don’t pour too much money into their sports betting account.
- Time Limits: Time limits restrict how much time you can spend on the sportsbook instead of how much money you can wager.
- Cooling-Off Periods: Need a break? You can take a cool-off period on DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina to remove yourself from betting for a bit if need be.
- Self-Exclusion: Self-exclusion is a juiced-up version of the cool-off period tool. Users who complete a self-exclusion form won’t be able to access their DraftKings NC account for however long they choose to exclude themselves. It’ll remove you from the operator’s promotional endeavors as well.
DraftKings North Carolina Customer Service
Here are some of the customer support options at DraftKings North Carolina:
- Email: DraftKings NC bettors can email [email protected] for assistance.
- Phone: If you need to speak with a live representative to solve your problem, call DraftKings NC customer service at +1 (877) 659-6066.
- Live Chat: The live chat function is available via the DraftKings North Carolina app and website. Use live chat to get a quick answer about your account.
DraftKings North Carolina Payment Options
DraftKings North Carolina provides all the standard online banking options available at other major sportsbooks.
Deposit Methods at DraftKings North Carolina
Deposit methods at the DraftKings North Carolina sportsbook include:
- Online Banking
- Credit Card/Debit Card
- Wire Transfer
- Play+ Prepaid Card
- Gift Card
- Cash at Cage
The minimum deposit requirement at DraftKings NC is $5, though certain deposit methods may come with a higher minimum deposit. For instance, wire transfers have a minimum deposit of $100.
Withdrawal Methods at DraftKings North Carolina
Withdrawal methods at DraftKings North Carolina include:
- Online Banking
- Debit Card
- Wire Transfer
- Play+ Prepaid Card
- Cash at Cage
DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina Review Conclusion
It’s not hard for DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina to impress us. The online sportsbook offers everything a sports bettor could want with a fantastic app, plenty of betting markets and sports bet types, fun live betting options, and enticing welcome bonuses. NC bettors can look forward to a great online sports betting platform when DraftKings Sportsbook NC arrives in the Tar Heel State.
DraftKings North Carolina Promo Code FAQs
Any questions? We address some of the most relevant concerns about DraftKings North Carolina and the North Carolina online betting launch below.
Can I use DraftKings NC in North Carolina?
DraftKings North Carolina is not available just yet, as online sports betting is not active in North Carolina. Online sports betting is expected to launch in North Carolina sometime in 2024. When DraftKings NC goes live in the state, you’ll be able to use the desktop website or app.
Is there a DraftKings North Carolina promo code?
There may not be a DraftKings North Carolina promo code, as the operator doesn’t require a promo code for its welcome bonus in other states. Stay tuned for the latest details surrounding the site’s welcome offer.
How old do I need to be to bet on DraftKings North Carolina?
You must be at least 21 years old to wager at DraftKings North Carolina.
Is it safe to bet on DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina?
Yes, it is safe to bet on DraftKings Sportsbook North Carolina. It is a massive brand that will operate under state regulations to make sure it provides the best user experience for its bettors. You can trust that your money will be safe with DraftKings Sportsbook NC.
When is North Carolina sports betting launching?
While retail sports betting in North Carolina is live, online sportsbooks won’t launch until sometime in 2024, hopefully in time for March Madness. Online sports betting was approved by the state government in June 2023, and since then, officials have been fine-tuning the details so everything is squared away for the launch.
How many decks are used in poker?
In most popular poker variants, such as Texas Hold'em and Omaha, a standard deck of 52 playing cards is used. Each deck contains four suits (hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades) and consists of 13 ranks (Ace, 2 through 10, and the face cards: Jack, Queen, and King).
What is the bonus code for WPT Global Poker 2023?
The best bonus code for WPT Global is WPT777. By entering the bonus code, players will get a welcome bonus 100% up to $1,200 on the first deposit. The minimum deposit is $20.
What is the best WPT Global bonus code?
Use the WPT Global bonus code WPT777 when registering to get a 100% deposit bonus up to $1200 plus a $100 No Deposit poker bonus.